Why can’t all of my ancestors have marriage announcements in the newspapers? and why couldn’t Ursula Oxer been my ancestor? Yes, I do research Auxer, Axers and Oxers, however, she married into the clan and I’m trying to find out what happened to her previous husband!
- They got married the previous Sunday (30 June 1812),
- A German Reformed Pastor married them (Mr. Hoffmeyer, probably J.H. Hoffmeier)
- Groom’s name, Peter Holl (spelled Hohl in other records),
- This is not the bride’s first marriage since the “Mrs.” gives that away,
- Both bride and groom lived in Strasburg and they were each 70 years of age!
- . . . and don’t forget, she was sprightly!
Next task? Go through previous editions of this particular newspaper and look for her husband’s death! Think I’ll find it?
I’ll let you know!