Hmmm-m-m-m-m just what is it that I will resolve in 2009??
There is so much I can resolve, but I know the more I resolve the more resolutions I will break.
- I could resolve to organize all 12,000 pictures I transferred from my old computer. Was I surprised when I saw how many pictures I had stored on that Dell laptop? You bet I was!! It took 1 1/2 hours to transfer them. Now what??
- I could resolve to go through that stack of paper that I’ve moved from pillar to post because I just don’t know where it should be filed.
- I could resolve to take that trip and spend several days at the National Archives going through a quadzillion pension files. After all, I’m fortunate to live within a couple of hours of Washington DC. (The trip will NOT be at the end of January, however! I understand half of America will be there during that timeframe!)
- I could resolve to spend more time volunteering, either photographing cemeteries or at the Historical Society.
- I could resolve to blog more, but then I think sometimes my blogging takes away from my research. . . . and I love doing both of them.
I’ve decided to tackle paper! I’m tired of seeing these stacks of paper! Everywhere I look, it’s paper. And to this end, I’m going to keep a log. I’m going to try (and the keyword here is TRY) to record what I’ve accomplished, month by month.
. . . and then, if, and that’s a big IF, I finish that, I’m going to make time to take that trip to Washington DC! After all, I should have enough Marriott points to get at least one night for free, and I love traveling by rail.
And when I finish going through pension files, I could go through Washington DC records (where ever they may be) since my great-grandparents lived there, and my grandparents lived there and my father was born there ~ there should be a lot of information for me in their archives!
. . . but of course, I’ll keep blogging, and I’ll keep researching. I’m happy with the progress I’ve made with both of them in 2008.
I’m eagerly awaiting 2009!