In the 58th Carnival of Genealogy “Halloween Hauntings” Challenge, I submitted a blog titled “Joseph must Have Been Related to Casper! He was a Friendly Ghost” in which I told readers I would tell them whether my story was fact, fiction or a little of both. Well, my dear readers, it’s a little of both!
I’ll break it down for you:
1. It did not happen to me
2. His name was not Joseph
3. . . .and the dog’s name was not Shep!
This actually happened to my cousin, so he said! Now, I always doubted him until I was sitting at the kitchen table with him one afternoon waiting for his wife to come home. I was visiting from California and staying with them. Since she wasn’t due home for 2 hours we were surprised when we heard her garage door open. My cousin went out to see why she was home early and SHE WASN’T! She wasn’t home early and she wasn’t even home! He shut the garage door and it happened again.
I was a believer!
That was the last time I ever experienced the ghost (who’s name I do not remember!) but I have heard stories about him since that day in 1999.
Do I believe in ghosts? Yes and No ~
I probably do not believe in ghosts, but I do believe in spirits!
10 Years Ago, I…
- Was a volunteer in my grandchildren’s school
- Lived in the mountains in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range in Californai
- Never imagined life without our Katrinka Dinka Do!
- Didn’t have our youngest and final grandchild, William Ellis Bowman
- Had all of my Genealogy records in about 10 binders!
Five Things on my To Do List:
- Try to eat healthier Sunday than I did at a potluck on Saturday!
- Art Walk in Town today
- Finish a blog
- Call my mother because this is Sunday, after all, and the day she expects a call
5 Snacks I Enjoy
- Raw almonds
- Peanut Butter and Celery
- String Cheese
- OK ~ I’ll admit it! I also love cookies! Fig Newtons, Snickerdoodles, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisen, Brownies, you name the cookie and I’ll eat one or two. . . . . . at a time!
5 Places I Have Lived
- Pauhau, Hawaii
- Agana, Guam
- Tehachapi, California
- Rancho Mirage, California
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 Jobs I Have Had
- Hamburger Stand when I was in College
- The Phone Company assigning telephone numbers
- Worked for an Interior Decorator
- Bookkeeper for a Baptist Church
- Payroll Clerk for a Power Company where I knew who was single and how much they earned. I zeroed in on Jim and the rest is history! Thirty years of history!
3 Bloggers I am tagging:
1. Chery Kinnick at Nordic Blue
2. Craig Manson at GeneaBlogie
3. Paula Goff Christy at Paula Goff Christy’s Blog
Would three do? It seems like everybody else has already been tagged! If I spent my time checking as many as I have already, how would I have time to write blogs?
After all, that is what we are here for after all, isn’t it?